We are looking for a Strong People Leader/Manager to join our established Remortgage department based in Leeds City Centre. You will be Responsible for leading a team of people by effectively Coaching and mentoring the team to ensure they are achieving their targets and productivity levels and managing any performance issues in line with company policy and client requirements.
About Optima Legal
Optima Legal is a fully regulated law firm that enjoys a successful 30 year track record of providing the UKs leading financial services organisations and corporate institutions with a range of customer focussed legal services.
Part of Capita plc, Optima Legal successfully combine over 30 years’ experience as a trusted law firm with the operational expertise of the UK’s leading technology-enabled business process outsourcing provider.
Optima Legal has an exciting growth agenda for 2017 and beyond, with a dynamic new service strategy now in place and new substantial client contracts already secured. Due to this continued success, we are looking for Conveyancers to come and join us and be part of our exciting journey. Whether you’re looking for greater recognition for your skills and experience, an opportunity to raise your profile and quickly advance your career or even a better work life balance, we can help you achieve your goals.
What you will do
- Manage and coach a team of people ensuring they perform in line with team objectives
- Conduct team huddles to update members on best practices, team results and continuing expectations
- Proactively champion change and encourage the team to positively implement changes
- Adhere and comply to Optima Legal policies and procedures relating to work and behaviour
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant regulatory/ legal requirements within your department
- Act in accordance with all the regulatory / legal requirements within your department ensuring that your team is compliant
- Carry out audits in line with Department requirements
- Resolve complaints where appropriate and ensure adherence to company complaints policy
- Set Individuals objectives and carry out one to ones managing individual’s performance in line with department policies
- Ensure contingency plans are in place to cover holidays and other absences
- Plan the daily work queues to ensure that all relevant work is distributed and completed within the required SLA’s
- Assist with recruitment and training in line with department requirements
- Demonstrate marketplace insight by demonstrating an understanding of the competition
- Participate where in client meetings and present solutions and services that add value and meet client's needs
Your skills and experience
- To be able to deal with high level complaints
- Working knowledge of MS Office packages inc. word, excel & outlook
- Confident outgoing personality and able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and clients
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Ability to coach and mentor individuals to get the best results out of them
- Ability to prioritise work and use initiative
What’s in it for you?
At Optima Legal, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 25 days holiday (rising to 27 days with service), company pension scheme, child care vouchers, share save scheme, additional life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environmen
- Customer Service