Team Manager in Warehouse Outbound Operations
Salary: £25,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Monday - Friday 14:00 - 22:00 (half hour unpaid lunch) 37.5 hrs per week.
Location: Stoke-on-Trent - ST3 7UN
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate exciting opportunity are being created for people like you to join our team.
Our three exciting brands Well Pharmacy, Well Careplus and Bestway MedHub are changing the face of pharmacy. We’re hiring for a fantastic opportunity within our Warehousing Management team and a key part of that team is the Team Manager in Outbound Operations.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Shift operations Manager you’ll be responsible for Managing the MedHub, Controlled Drug, Fridge and Despatch Teams on a daily /weekly in driving core tasks & performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving a Health and Safety culture, ensuring procedures & policies are adhered to & all tasks have a Safe Systems of Work.
- Effectively manage teams within the warehouse to achieve the departmental & site KPI targets. Planning, managing & adjusting staffing levels during the shift in line with flexed volumes to meet cost & throughput.
- Drive cross functional working & promoting a 'One Team’ environment to deliver site KPI’s.
- Manage housekeeping standards to ensure everyone has a safe & clean work environment.
- Act as a subject matter expert within your area(s) whilst maintaining a good understanding of the context of the wider operation and end to end business processes.
- Ensure clear, concise handovers are completed at all shift changes passing all of the key information and learnings to the oncoming shift to ensure seamless transitions.
- Support engagement at all levels throughout the operation through the delivery of effective communication, briefings, appropriate use of email and feedback on site status.
- Coach, lead, motivate and develop the warehouse colleagues by role modelling the Business Values.
- Manage attendance of all colleagues in line with Well policy liaising with HRA to ensure consistency in delivery & Pro-actively manage people issues in line with Well policy, liaising with HRA to ensure consistency in delivery
- Deliver performance reviews & develop succession planning within the department.
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Customer focused - quality, efficiency, accuracy and on time.
- Proactive and self-starting.
- Logical thinking and flexible approach.
- People Management, Engaging & motivating.
- Planning and Organising skills.
- Good time management skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability & confidence to make informed decisions.
- Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills, with ability to build and maintain internal & external relationships and to challenge senior business leaders
In return we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more…
Our journey to become the preferred local pharmacy in the heart of the communities we serve has already started. Join us to start yours too
- Team Leader