Team Manager - COVID Equalisation Team - West Essex
Please note that this position is being offered on a Secondment or Fixed Term Contract basis for a period of 12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity to step into first line management and lead a brand-new COVID equalisation team within our Children and Families Social Care service.
The newly created concept teams will form part of Essex County Council's unique response to the additional demand, pressures and complexity, created by the on-going Covid19 pandemic.
We are Serious about Social Work and it is because of this we are investing in our workforce and have created COVID equalisations teams to take action now to relieve the pressure on our frontline teams. These teams will provide additional capacity and support within the Children's Social Care system, increasing our ability to undertake relationship-based work and achieve sustainable system change, leading to better outcomes for our children and families.
The Team - Family Support & Protection
Working together we can deliver a range of early help, family support and effective social work interventions to families that have long-term complex issues. We're talking about where there's a need for more than three months' intervention, and where children are subject to child protection or child-in-needs plans, or where children can no longer live at home and care proceedings need to be initiated.
The Team Manager will lead a team of newly qualified social workers and alternatively qualified workers to deliver a high-quality professional service with positive outcomes. Developing and promoting capabilities and holding them accountable for performance and delivering improvements. Working with the Service Manager, contributing to the development of strategy and ensuring a service which adapts responsively to change.
With proven ability to focus on results, develop innovative solutions and build strong working relationships, this leader will possess a deep understanding of working in a challenging social and financial environment.
What you will need
- A recognised social work qualification i.e. diploma, degree or masters in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent, with current registration with Social Work England as a registered social worker.
- Evidence of continuing professional development aligned to any relevant professional competency/capability frameworks or knowledge and skills statements.
- Significant experience within a Social Care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Experience of supervision of Social Work students and/or newly qualified Social Workers, possessing strong leadership and behavioural skills, with the ability to forge a highly performing and motivated team from diverse backgrounds, to deliver local objectives and work to required professional standards.
- Experience of working within a complex environment and leading change to ensure the Council delivers best practice.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and their families.
- Recognise the financial implications of care packages commissioned.
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
The role requires the postholder to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Within this role there will be a potential requirement for working outside of normal office hours, both during the evening and at weekends.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on . Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'