Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations (formerly Geoban) provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
The busy specialist contact centre in Teeside are looking for a Team manager to come on board for a fixed term contract position of initially 6 months. This will be an interesting, challenging and rewarding people management role that would suit someone with previous contact centre management experience.
This role is the management of a team within the Specialist Contact Centre (Incoming calls) reporting directly to the relevant Business Manager.
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- Day to day management of a business team within the Specialist Contact Centre -Teesside.
- To recruit, lead, develop and manage a team to ensure that the people are both skilled and motivated to deliver performance that maximises service delivery.
- To achieve planned business results, through effective resource and business management using multi-skilling, cross-functional and site working.
- To involve the team in the development of ideas which improve business performance and establish best practice; to share and promote practices to other business areas for adoption.
- To proactively develop, build and maintain flexible working partnerships in order to ensure the effective operation of the team and its contribution to the business area, which could include a strong relationship with our Recruitment Agencies.
- To ensure the business delivers a high degree of Quality, through: responsibility for the call quality process, ensuring any changes to policies and procedures are communicated effectively and timely, identifying the need for and organising appropriate support, acting on feedback and liaising with all relevant business areas.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Management experience in relevant industry in multi-functional environments.
- Working knowledge of relevant products, processes, policies and procedures across the organisation.
- Good presentation and negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory issues and systems capability / potential.
- Excellent communication skills, both within the business as well as with external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and lead change.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and retain focus.
- Ability to motive a team to deliver excellent Key Performance Indicators.
This role is set to move quickly and they will look to interview the week commencing the 15th January - if you have the necessary skill set and are interested please do not hesitate to apply online today.
- Communication Skills
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
- Management Experience