Team Manager, Children & Families, South Somerset, £41ph!!
If you thrive on developing social workers directly, we want to hear from you today.
You will be involved with dealing with the most complex cases, partly in order to maintain credibility and experience in the field.
The responsibility of the Children’s Services Function is to promote and ensure the safety, well-bring and learning of children and young people. Within the Service, Children and Young People’s Social Care Team provide services to "Children in Need", children subject to Child Protection Plans, Children "Looked After" and Care Leavers.
Main duties include:
- Manage a workload within the designated function of complex and challenging cases with knowledge, skills and sensitivity or cases of sufficient risk and profile to warrant an experienced worker to work solely on it.
- Have an increased level of autonomy and decision making, based on experience and knowledge around the cases allocated. Will report to the relevant Team Manager on the progress of these cases.
- Chair appropriate meetings in order to ensure the effective review of plans and make any necessary amendments to ensure the quality of care required. Will be expected to identify and specify the need for immediate and future changes to improve practice wherever necessary.
- Act as Practice Educator to at least one social work student on placement a year to ensure dissemination and acquisition of learning and that the students meet the required standards of practice. Able to model and facilitate reflective practice.
- Maintain performance and develop practice and expertise in line with personal targets as agreed through supervision and annual review.
- Contribute to the achievement of Key Performance Indicators identified through service planning.
- Work to the prescribed quality standards for service provision set out by the service for all workers and participate as required in any review of quality standards or professional practice in the postholders area of expertise.
- A social work qualification (degree in social work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent recognised social work qualification
- Social work management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Childcare legislation
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To find out more about this role, please call Dee Spencer on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.
- Child Protection
- Social Work Manager
- Children & Families