A new Social Work Team Manager opportunity based in Milton Keynes.
Your new company
Hays are working with a fantastic, innovative and forward thinking company in Milton Keynes who are looking for a Team Manager within the Adults Service.
Your new role
A Team Manager vacancy has arisen in the Adults service for an experienced Manager with demonstrable experience of raising standards in compliance and practice in provider services. The post will report to the Head of Service and will carry out reviews and reassessments in the Learning Disability Team.
To achieve this you will:
- Effectively manage and supervise a team of social workers and social work assistants. You will ensure casework is allocated and monitored across the team's area of responsibility.
- Ensure budgetary guidelines are adhered to by team members through supervision and applying appropriate challenges to workers who make requests for services.
- Assessments, care planning and case work reviews are conducted in line with legislation, agreed national standards and performance targets are met.
- Undertake staff performance tasks to ensure staff performance conforms to the required professional and performance standards, including full electronic recording of work on ICS.
- Make sure decision making is based on evidence and analysis on what will most benefit the Adult.
What you'll need to succeed
Adult social care operates within an interagency framework, engaging with service providers within the council and with external agencies and organisations. The post holder will need to work closely with these colleagues and may be required supervise any staff working within multi-agency teams as appropriate
- Social work qualification (DipSW, CQSW, Degree in social work or equivalent)
- Post qualification award in subjects related to Adult work
- Ability to analyse, summarise and write/ record relevant information clearly and concisely so that it is easily understood by users and colleagues
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise work and achieve deadlines
- Able to allocate work and ensure resources available are utilised to meet demand effectively without delay
- Ability to develop and sustain partnership with other professionals and agencies through trust and credibility
- Able to chair inter agency meetings, legal planning meetings, and argue case cogently in court and with partner agencies Ability to question, challenge, solve problems and complete tasks
- Assessment skills - ability to demonstrate understanding of process and evidence of ability to apply skills
- Able to analyse complex information and make decisions for team members in high risk situations
- Able to make considered decisions, analyse and evaluate complex information in high risk situations
- Able to support and motivate staff to deliver changes in practice, team structures and joint working in line with local and national requirements
- Must be self-motivating and able to make difficult decisions and support staff in complex work, supervise and appraise staff, within a framework.
- Takes responsibility for the team, under guidance of team manager, the service delivered and the decisions made
- High level skills and knowledge in managing and motivating professional staff in a complex work area and environment
- Responsible, under the team manager's guidance, for the effective deployment and management of the team's financial and staffing resources
What you'll get in return
You will get the chance to experience a rewarding, interesting environment alongside an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Virginia now on .
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.