Team Leader (12 month FTC)
Exeter, Devon (office/field based)
Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year, thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills, to welfare and benefits.
We serve a population of over 300,000 people with around 40 staff and over 50 volunteers.
We’re currently looking for a Team Leader to join us on a full-time, 12 month fixed-term contract, working 37 hours per week.
- Salary of £23,000 per annum
- Homeworking options
- Employer’s pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Ongoing training and support
If you have a great leadership style and an interest in supporting people through challenging times, this is a great opportunity to support a fantastic team of staff and volunteers and make a real difference to people’s lives.
At Citizens Advice, we’re here for everyone. Our advice helps people solve problems and our advocacy helps fix problems in society. Whatever the challenge, we won’t turn people away.
When you join us, you will have the chance to undertake comprehensive and ongoing training, giving you all the tools you need to make a success of this role and provide exceptional support to your team.
Interested? Then apply today!
As a Team leader, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing a small team of volunteers and paid staff delivering high-quality services to clients.
You will provide support to individual advice and information workers, helping to create a positive working environment and supporting new starter inductions.
Monitoring the case records and/or telephone calls of designated staff and/or volunteers, you will ensure quality standards and SLAs are met and remedial and development issues are identified and acted on to develop individuals and improve the quality of advice.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure adequate staffing and resources are in place to deliver high-quality services to clients
- Ensure the effective performance management of staff and volunteers
- Contribute to the Citizens Advice aims and principles around research and campaigns (social policy work)
To join us as a Team Leader, you will need:
- The proven ability to manage a team including recruiting, developing and motivating staff and/or volunteers
- The ability to commit to, and work within, the aims, principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
- A good understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion
- The proven ability to give feedback objectively and sensitively and the willingness to challenge constructively
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- An understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for clients and service provision
- An awareness of the differences between managing paid staff and volunteers
- Knowledge of, and the ability to use, a range of IT and telephone systems
Experience of supervising and monitoring advice work and maintaining casework systems and procedures would be beneficial, as would experience of working in the third sector and/or working with groups of volunteers.
Due to the geographical coverage of the organisation, it would be preferred that you hold a full driving licence and have regular access to a vehicle.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Caseworker, Citizens Advisor, Citizens Advice Supervisor, Welfare Advisor, Casework Supervisor, Support Worker or Support Line Supervisor.
Webrecruit and Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'