Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader (Senior Support Worker or Deputy Manager) to join our teams in Bristol.
You will be part of a team working across two of our supported living locations supporting young adults with Autism and challenging behaviour.
With a proven track record of working with people with Learning disabilities, Autism and challenging behavior, you will work with the manager to provide trauma informed support to create safe, caring and inclusive environments. You will provide a role model for the support staff to work within strategies to support complex and challenging behaviors in a community setting using positive and proactive approaches.
This role is split between management time and on rota, so the need to be flexible in order to work shifts is essential.
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
About The Role
- Work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with
- Play a key role in day to day management of the location
- Provide support and supervision to the support staff
- Manage the rota and ensure that staff are fully trained
- Provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model
- Take part in an on-call rota to ensure that staff have access to support when it is needed
- Sleep ins
- Waking nights
- Bank holidays
What skills and experience do I need?
- Experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
- Able to work flexibly on a 7-day rota
- Skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others
- People that share our values
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Full UK driving license and own car
- Have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'