Lead and motivate relevant teams to produce customer mailings on time, enclosing designated documentation as appropriate using either a manual or automated process.
Ensuring the smooth running of all equipment with minimal downtime & maximum productivity. Responsible for maintaining staff morale and safety within the department at all times & continually improving the work area in line with company requirements as required by management team.
• Lead, manage and motivate the team towards levels of high performance and consistent delivery in line with PDR’s & company objectives.
• Consistent hourly monitoring of production output levels and machine efficiencies on all production lines, challenging where necessary to ensure performance targets & customer mailing deadlines are achieved or exceeded.
• Adhere to the Daily Critical Task procedure which outlines what and when daily tasks are executed.
• Communication and resolution of all shift issues associated with the running of enclosing equipment, staffing requirements, mailing deadlines & stock availability along with an efficient shift handover.
• Allocate duties & staff across all production lines within the department, in order to maintain or increase optimum production output.
• Liaise with key contacts as appropriate to identify and arrange relevant training & development requirements for staff.
• Assist the Production Manager in identifying & managing staff attendance issues by conducting return to work interviews, welfare calls & disciplinary meetings with support from HR as required.
• Assist the Production Manager in identifying & managing staff performance issues (conduct & capability) through appropriate channels with support from HR as required.
• Actively identify & contribute to continuous improvement within the department through data analysis & team meetings.
• Allocate responsibilities & staff throughout the department, in order to maintain or increase maximum production output.
• Conduct six monthly Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s) with all staff.
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work are available for all tasks carried out where necessary and are up to date.
• Ensure departmental housekeeping is maintained to High standards at all times.
• Ensure adherence by self & department to Company security, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and FSC / PEFC Chain of Custody standards at all times.
• Key relationships with Leadership Team, Line Managers and daily contact with staff at all levels / in all areas within the business.
• Assist in the duties of / cover role of Team Leader as requested.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
Excellent Literacy and numeracy skills
Excellent PC Literacy
Knowledge / experience in manufacturing / supply chain environment
Understanding of customer requirements
Understanding / awareness of Continuous Improvement Techniques
Experienced in managing teams
Role specific technical & mechanical knowledge
Education and Qualifications:
ILM Level 2 in Supervisory Management (or equivalent)
NVQ II in Performing Manufacturing Operations
Level 3 qualification in Health & Safety
Good communication skills
Ability to work under pressure & too strict deadlines
Good time management
Committed and flexible team worker
Ability to be proactive and use initiative
Competitive salary, must be flexible to work 2 and/or 3 shifts or weekends when required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job