Our client is a national charity dedicated to providing high-quality, personalised support to adults with learning disabilities.
Their reputation is built upon their values, passion and commitment to enable people with Learning Disabilities to live active and fulfilling lives.
Supporting people with learning disabilities can be challenging but at the same time is extremely rewarding. If you are looking for a role where you can really make a difference, apply today.
Position: Team Leader
Location: Hastings, East Sussesx
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours including weekends
Benefits: 28 days paid holiday per year (Inc. bank holidays & increasing to 33 days with length of service); Competitive pension scheme (they will match contributions up to 6%); Childcare vouchers; Employee Assistance programme (a 24 hour helpline to support you through any of life’s issues or problems along with access to an online wellbeing portal); Occupational Health support; Fantastic training and development tailored to support you as an individual; Paid for DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service); Refer a friend scheme *pro rata for part time staff.
Closing date: 02 April 2018
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Full time Team Leader to join their successful team in the East Sussex area. Generally, you will be based across 2 services, locations ranging from Northiam, Bechill to Hailsham.
It is essential to hold a full UK Driving License to be able to travel between these services and occasionally to their Head Office in Thame, Oxfordshire for training purposes and to their Divisional Office in Ashford, Kent.
For this role you will be supporting people a range of learning disabilities including those with associated health needs, mental health needs and those that may challenge.
The Team Leader will work as part of the management team to promote person centred support and to support the staff team. Your working week will be split between direct support and management time.
- You will work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that their staff are providing excellent support to the people that they work with
- As a Team Leader you will play a key role in the day to day management of the service(s)
- You will provide support and supervision to the team of support staff, be key to managing the rota and ensuring staff are fully trained, and provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model
- You will work alongside the Support Manager and staff team to ensure that people’s support plans are up to date, and reflect their wishes and aspirations through their person centred plans
- Team Leaders will also take part in an on call rota to ensure that their staffs have access to support when it is needed
- You need to be positive and committed to supporting and improving people’s lives through person centred approaches and team work
- To reach your full potential in this role you need to have the right values in working with people, leadership skills and be able to work as part of a team
- You need to be a good role model and lead by example
- You will work alongside staff to develop their confidence and skills to provide excellent support, through feedback and coaching
- As part of the management team you need to have excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills and be organised, and plan your time effectively
- It is hard work but amazingly rewarding to see the development of the people you support and the staff that support them
- You will be willing to learn and try new things, through training and team work
You may have experience of the following: Support Team Leader, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Senior Support Worker, Social Care, Not For Profit, Voluntary Sector, Care Worker, Support Supervisor etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.