Phoenix Place, central Bristol
£26,000 per annum
Our client is a large and vibrant women’s only supported housing project in central Bristol, providing housing and tailored support for up to 55 women, Including pregnant women, and mothers and babies at risk of homelessness. Our client houses and supports a wonderfully rich and diverse client group of women with varying levels of support need.
As the Team Leader your role will include the following responsibilities:
- To lead by example, promoting an environment and culture of continuous improvement and best practice.
- To provide leadership, support, direction and development to the team.
- To be responsible for effective communication both internally and externally and to proactively and positively promote the association and support services.
- To work with partner and external agencies to facilitate the effective delivery of services to clients.
- To ensure high standards of support and housing management (including maintenance and repairs of the building) is provided to all customers.
- To manage budgets and service contracts and contribute to the annual budget setting process, ensuring all financial policies, procedures and controls are followed by the team.
- To contribute to the development and growth of service as and when required.
- To use IT effectively to ensure the delivery of front line services and effective reporting of outcomes.
- To work across services as and when required to ensure the delivery of support services is maintained.
- To be responsible for the recruitment, management and development of staff, ensuring performance is monitored on a regular basis and staff are developed and supported to carry out their roles.
- To ensure all staff work effectively towards achieving individual, departmental and group KPIs.
- To provide cost effective and value for money services.
- To manage change and work on projects as and when required.
- To lead provision of a diverse and culturally sensitive service, ensuring that anti-discriminatory practice and equality of opportunity are promoted within all aspects of their services, responding to anti-discriminatory practice swiftly and assertively.
The ideal candidate for the Team Leader role will portray the following skills and attributes:
They are seeking a highly driven, motivating and strong Team Leader with experience and expertise in delivering quality support to vulnerable women in partnership with other key women’s services in Bristol.
You will have excellent communication skills and place customer service, continuous improvement and team development at the forefront of your practice. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to liaise and maintain relationships with partners, commissioners, stakeholders, both internal and external.
The Team Leader will have experience of working with a range of client groups within the homeless/social work or care sector, with strong housing management knowledge and skills.
Team Leader Benefits
- Free parking onsite
- Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Training and development
- Pension and life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike 2 work
- Staff recognition scheme
If you feel you are suitable for the Team Leader role, please apply now!
**Please note that you will be redirected to our clients website to complete an application form
Team Leader, Housing Support Worker, Social Worker, Housing Manager
Closing date: 10:00am, on Wednesday, 21st February 2018