Our Team Leader role here at Matalan is a great first step into retail management. You’ll take ownership of a department and will help to role model our Matalan values and behaviours across the store. Leading by example with customer service and shop floor standards, you’ll help us to make our customer experience the best it can be.
- Drive sales on your department through the analysis of departmental reports and the implementation of company VM guidelines;
- Duty manage the store in the absence of senior management;
- Support with team briefs to communicate KPI’s and focuses to the store team;
- Role model outstanding customer service to help deliver a great shopping experience for customers;
- Coach and motivate our Sales Assistants;
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures
• Previous retail experience, ideally at supervisory level;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• An ability to plan and prioritise work in order to meet specific deadlines;
• Able to work effectively both within a team or unsupervised.About Matalan
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job