Resource Direct Recruitment (RDR) is an internal recruitment for a global energy services and facilities management group. Our recruiting expertise spans across facilities management (hard and soft services), corporate, executive, sales, marketing, procurement, operations, manufacturing, engineering, finance, IT and HR. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talent and offer insight on recruitment industry trends.
We have an exciting opportunity and require an outstanding Team Leader (Water) to be based in Portsmouth. This is a permanent full time role working on a shift pattern between the hours of 6am-8pm. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
To manage a team in delivering planned preventative maintenance, testing, repairs and new installation work covering a wide range of equipment, services, systems and buildings associated with a large hospitals water system in accordance with HTM - 04, HSG 274 and L8 Approved code of practice.
Maintain labour rosters and skills matrices to ensure continual and effective service delivery.
The post holder shall perform Authorised Person duties for which they are suitably experienced, trained or qualified and appointed.
Knowledge and Skills for the Team Lead
- Support the Estates Management in the provision of a 24hr maintenance Service within the Portsmouth Hospital Trust for the service provider.
- Ensure safe systems of work in line with HTM’s and recognised codes of practice and carry out the duties of Authorised Person, as designated, in accordance with Company and HTM standards for the multiple systems designated to you (following training, assessment and formal appointment).
- To coordinate with the planner and schedulers in allocating/controlling work effectively including defect work, planned maintenance work and price work as appropriate, ensuring best use of manpower and resources/materials
- To liaise with Stores Team for requisition supply, deployment and security of materials
- To interpret/work from all instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to trade without supervision
- To observe statutory and other relevant requirements at all times in particular those relating to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations.
- To supervise, develop and support the estates maintenance team, undertaking all supervisory tasks associated with the position, such as recruitment and selection processes and to in the absence of other Team leaders take control of other trades in the workforce.
- To provide technical advice in core skills areas and advise on issues surrounding these areas, including project work when required.
- To work within and promote the quality (ISO 9000) system for the maintenance department, including problem solving and fault finding on electrical & mechanical systems and equipment where necessary
- To undertake the maintenance, and repair of hospital equipment, plant, services and systems and to assist in all aspects of estimating for maintenance and new work when required.
- Responsible for the allocation, and control of work including defect work, planned maintenance and to price work as appropriate ensuring the best use of manpower and other resources.
- To comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including Health and Safety legislation and to safely work within Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) including within the area of LV systems
- To supervise contractors whilst on site and ensure work has been completed satisfactorily
- To promote a culture of customer service to both internal and external customers and partners and to liaise with other departments regarding maintenance issues if required
- To work effectively in areas where you may come into contact with patients, the public and other hospital staff, whilst specifically having regard for the health & safety of occupants at these times.
- To undertake any training as appropriate to the role and any other reasonable tasks and duties relevant to the post as may be determined by the Estates Manager
Qualifications & required Experience
- ONC/HND in Engineering discipline (or Equivalent)
- A good understanding and knowledge of HTM - 04 and HSG 274
- Previous experience in management of Hard FM Services
- Good customer care and flexible approach to working practices, with the ability to develop strong credible internal and external relationships
- Mechanical or Electrical background
- Good understanding of HTM, HBN and relevant British Standards
- Ideally have experience of working in busy Acute Hospitals and on Hospital Infrastructure
- Experience of working on a PFI contract, within the PFI delivery model
- Knowledge and experience of all healthcare engineering services would be an advantage
How to Apply:
Please apply directly for the Team Leader vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Facilities Management
- Fault Finding
- Team Leader
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'