This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
£40,000-£45,000, Pension, 33 days Holidays (including Bank holidays)
My client is global technology leader, they specialise in various sectors including fire, Security, hydraulics, lighting amongst others and due to further growth are now looking for a Team Leader- Production Assembly to join their company based in Worksop.
As a team leader, you will be responsible for leading part of Assembly, Materials Management and coordinate a key 3rd party sub assembly partner to meet production demand, product quality, product cost and employee safety goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all manufacturing team personnel thorough supervisors to ensure the completion of customer requirements taking into account quality, delivery and cost.
- Monitor key performance indicators and take appropriate actions, to ensure all metrics are met, including delivery, product availability, cost out, quality goals etc.
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system and financial reporting requirements.
- Assure policies, procedures and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- Provide effective leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance with a key focus on driving cost out to the business.
- Liaises with other team leaders, key individuals and local leadership team to ensure departmental and business goals are achieved.
- Evaluate operational performance of the team and individuals.
- Contribute towards strategic initiatives, preparation of revenue budgets and promote areas for improvement i.e. capital investment through to timely completion.
- Coordinate and assist with manufacturing initiatives, participating on cross-functional teams in order to drive best practices across the plant.
- Support the deployment of Lean manufacturing principles throughout the site.
- Coordinate weekly and monthly visits/meetings with our 3rd party supplier ensuring all performance targets are achieved.
- Support daily capacity planning and resource deployment to meet production demand
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years experience, leading a team.
- M&E background desirable
- Excellent I.T. Skills, advanced Excel user desirable
- Working knowledge of relevant SAP transactions
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of capacity planning
If you the above position is of interest to you then please contact Saira for further details on or ideally email with a copy of your current CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job