TEAM LEADER - RESIDENTIAL CHILDCARE
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum - offers dependent on experience and qualifications (includes sleep in bonus c £2000.00 per annum) plus company benefits, excellent quality training / induction and funding for professional qualifications
Staff benefits: Childcare vouchers, company pension, car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme. Great discounts on gym membership, cinema tickets, driving lessons, holidays, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping!
Manager’s Staff Reward Scheme: My client loves to recognise, celebrate and reward your success!
A leading provider of residential childcare and special education, with a fantastic portfolio of services for children with social/emotional, mental health difficulties, seeks a Team Leader for a three bedded residential children's home near Reading. This creative and pioneering organisation continues to grow at a steady pace to ensure high quality of provision.
- Can you lead your staff team on shifts ?
- Can you inspire staff and help create a fun, supportive, safe and creative environment in which up to 6 children with mild to moderate learning needs can thrive?
- Can you support and engage positively with children with ASC, Asperger's and other learning conditions?
- Can you work closely with the management team to ensure structure, routines, boundaries and consistency for children who can display challenging and disruptive behaviour in line with children and young people’s placement plans, risk assessments and behaviour management plans?
- Can you help the children enjoy many sports and activities, have fun and explore the world around them?
- Can you work shifts on a rolling rota that will include earlies/lates/sleep ins and some weekend shifts?
- You have the proven ability to engage appropriately and sensitively with children with learning needs
- You are experienced in leading shifts within a relevant setting
- You are a team player, calm in challenging situations and willing to grow and develop further in your role
- You are skilled in IT to support effective recording and reporting on site
My client is an equal opportunities employer.
Progress Lane acts as an employment agency. Successful applicants will be subject to the client’s employment checks including gaining suitable references and DBS check prior to employment start date.
Recommended searches: Residential Childcare, Team Manager, Shift Leader, EBD, SEMH
Commutable from areas including: High Wycombe, Uxbridge, Slough, Aldershot, Bracknell, Guildford, Reading, West London.
- Mental Health
- Shift Leader
- Residential Childcare