We are looking for a Team Leader to join us.
Our Team Leaders deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of "Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness" We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would all want for our own loved ones.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To ensure that each Service User receives care appropriate to their individual need.
- To implement the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for older people published in accordance with the Care Standards Act 2000 and Home Life: A Code of Practice for Residential Care.
- £10 per hour
- £12 weekends
- £15 bank holidays
- Free Hot Meal
- An NVQ in Health & Social Care or a willingness to work towards the skills you’ll need.
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.
- Help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the home and the creation of the right atmosphere, including undertaking junior staff supervisions.
- Assist Service Users with their personal care needs and to help provide health supervision and attention through direct nursing care when needed.
- To maintain and support staff to achieve their full potential, through monitoring, guidance and supervision. This may be achieved working alongside junior staff in day to day activities.
- Help with the formulation of social and health care plans for new Service Users and with Service User reviews.
- Help to control the administration of medication for which the home has taken responsibility and to maintain the necessary records.
- Participate in the development of activities for Service Users in which they can join and which will enhance their quality of life.
- Assist the Registered Manager to maintain records as may be required by the regulation body or local authority.
- To undertake mandatory training required to meet current legislation and company policies.
- To take control of hand over and shifts.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their care and that all care is delivered and documented and supported through observation and empathy to their needs.
- Participate in the on-call system.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service users’ this will include every 3rd weekend and could include Night Duty.
- Under direction of the Care Home Manager, oversee the assessment of prospective residents’ needs and produce appropriate care plans and risk assessments.
- Assist to ensure that the preparation, cooking and serving of food meet the required standards and procedures.
- Participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development activities.
- Support the Head of Home in his or her duties as the 'responsibleperson’ under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To liaise with visiting professionals such as District Nurses, GPs, Care Home support etc.
- To allocate and maintain the service user key worker system in place.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Under the provision contained in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of the employee to take reasonable care of themselves and for others at work.
- At all times you must be aware of issues relating to confidentiality, and adhere to relevant company policy.
- Keep up to date with, and follow, the laws and codes of practice relevant to your senior role and also those of who you supervise.
- Make sure that you do not compromise your professional code of conduct, or conditions of your contract of employment, by discussing work-related issues, patients, colleagues, managers, the organisation or partner organisations when using social media .
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that you follow the measures set out to protect the confidential information to which you have gained privileged access because of your role as a member of senior management. Your responsibility starts when you receive the information. It then continues when you use it, store it, share it with others and get rid of it. This applies to spoken and written information.
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and responsibilities of the post. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties but provides an indication of the work undertaken which may vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities. Substantial changes will be carried out in consultation with the post holder.
- Care Plans
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'