Team Leader- New Road - Cheltenham
Area of work: Learning Disability
Salary: GBP 20,500 pa
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucester
Contract type: Permanent - Full Time
At Turning Point, we support people with learning disabilities across England. As a Team Leader, you'll make a real difference to the lives of the people we support as you provide high quality services that support each of our service users to achieve their potential. Passionate about people, you'll enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life too, as you make the role your own.
New Road is a supported living house situated in Woodmancote Cheltenham. As a team we support 5 individuals to live a full and meaningful life. This includes supporting people with personal care, all household tasks as well as shopping, attending appointments and managing finances as well as going out and having fun. Our tenants have learning disabilities various levels of Autism . We enjoy participating in a range of activities (Rambling, swimming, Horse Riding)
You will develop flexible and realistic support plans and risk assessments with the individuals you support and in collaboration with other professionals, ensuring that the support plans reflect each person's needs goals and aspirations. Part of the role will include reviewing support plans and risk assessments, chairing review meetings, completing Mental Capacity Assessments, holding Best Interest meetings and completing DoLS applications. It is essential that you have the skills to communicate via email and produce documents in Word.
We are looking for Team Leaders who can quickly adapt within busy and changeable environments. Not only will you need the ability to lead a team of Support Workers on a shift, allocate work and delegate tasks. You will be expected to directly line manage a group of support staff, this will include managing sickness, supervisions and appraisals, managing performance issues and coaching. We expect our Team Leaders to bring the strong communication skills needed to tailor their message to a variety of audiences.
You should be a team player with some experience gained in the care sector - preferably a working knowledge of supporting individuals who have a learning disability. It is essential that you have some knowledge of issues related to learning disabilities.
We can offer you a varied and interesting training and development package to develop you as a line manager and support you in the role.
What benefits will I receive?
- Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Excellent training and development
- A pension plan & annual leave with an option to buy and sell.
- Family/flexible leave, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, & Bike 2 Work scheme
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
- Running health facilities and services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and our people. So, if you're ambitious and committed to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities, this is a real opportunity to progress your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"