We are an award winning and growing financial services organisation and due to expansion, an opportunity has arisen to work as a Team Leader within our Mortgages Completions Team. We are a leading financial services provider with one of the most experienced management teams in UK lending.
This is an exciting opportunity, based in Fleet working the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. In return we can offer excellent benefits and an attractive salary of up to £36k plus company bonus. You will receive 25 days’ holiday, non-contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance and income protection.
Reporting into the Operations Manager, the Team Leader (Mortgage Completions) role is to manage a team of 8 Completions Underwriters ensuring that mortgage applications are processed effectively and efficiently to legal Completion. The jobholder is responsible for driving team members’ training and development so that the team are competent to deliver a professional and high standard of service to all customers, intermediaries, valuers and solicitors.
To ensure that the teams’ targets and objectives are met whilst complying with regulatory and legislative requirements, and to ensure adherence to all internal policies and procedures.
The duties will involve:
- Working to a underwriting mandate of £500k
- Will develop and maintain positive working relationships both within the team and across all departments
- Maintain own caseload of work alongside managing team
- Support the Operations Manager to oversee additional hours worked by the teams
- Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables
- In the Operations Manager’s absence, can manage the team and represent the mortgage services area at internal/external meetings as required
- Assisting with recruitment, training and development of team
- Ensure both self and team adhere to all policy, procedure, compliance, credit review and audit requirements by monitoring individual performance and providing feedback
- Set objectives and document progress in monthly performance reviews
- Foster a progressive culture that encourages ideas for improvement by continuously challenging team performance and processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Apply all aspects of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF)
- Lead, coach and develop team members to ensure competence and help them achieve their objectives and potential. Identify and prioritise training needs to meet business requirements
- Take responsibility for own learning and development and demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development
- Oversee and act as a referral point for unusual and complex cases, dealing with all queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, to deliver excellent customer service
To be successful for the Team Leader (Mortgage Completions) role, you will have proven previous man management or team leader experience including; KPI (key performance indicators) management, appraisals, monthly meetings and staff training.
Proven experience within the mortgage industry, with a strong underwriting or completions background is desirable, financial services experience is a must. You will ideally have the CeMAP qualification although this is not essential. The ideal candidate would be a confident team leader, with excellent communication skills and a patient and empathetic approach.
To apply please click the apply button