Last Mile TOC (Transportation Operation Center) is the central command and control center for 'Transportation Execution’ across the Amazon Supply Chain network supporting multiple geographies like NA, India and EU. The EU operation covers various countries to ensure hassle free, timely pick-up/delivery of goods (of freight) from vendors to Amazon fulfillment centers (FC), from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs and from Amazon Delivery Stations to customers. In case of any exceptions, TOC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings. Along with this tactical problem solving TOC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
Overall, TOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon’s ability to serve its customers on time.
Preview of EU LMTOC Team Leader
· Manage and lead a team of Transportation Specialists, communicating concerns and policies among management and team members.
· Motivate team members and assess performance. Providing help to management, including hiring and training, and keeping management updated on team performance
· A Team Leader at EUMTOC facilitates flow of information between different stake holders (DSP’s, DA’s, DP’s, Trans Carriers, FC’s,) and resoles any potential issues that impact(s) customer experience and business continuity.
· On road support deals with DA relationship, ensuring that shipments are delivered to the customer as promised.
· The Team Leader addresses any potential issues occurring during the lifecycle of a parcel leaving the Delivery Station and reaching the customer
· Defect management provides timely resolution to the issue at hand by researching and querying internal tools and by taking real-time decisions.
Team Leader Job Duties:
· To achieve service target level for a designated business area
· Provide coaching, coordination and performance management of team members to required KPI standards and identify skill gaps and training needs
· Communicate team and business goals
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining daily, weekly findings and variances to goals, and present this in a review forum
· Must be able to identify and systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and team and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make sense based on available data.
· Conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations of business needs.
· Generate and share comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines
· Provide quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints from both our internal and external customers
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon.com’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating team members, reward and discipline employees and effective conflict management
· Must be flexible to work SUN-SAT 07:00AM to 00:00
· Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
· Excellent managerial and leadership skills key to managing a contact centre team.
· Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
· Should be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment
· Should be flexible to adapt to support a 24*7 operating environment and ready to work in shifts
· Should be competent in influencing and managing change
· Demonstrated decision making skills
· Degree required
· 1-2 years’ work experience in logistics/transportation industry
· Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast paced work environment working under pressure while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
· 1-2 years’ work experience in call centres
· Previous work experience in a global, industry leading business
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job