Team Leader- Leisure Club
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Leisure Club Team Leader for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded 'England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and 'Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
Set within the busy Leisure Centre, the Leisure Team Leader will have a good understanding of the leisure industry and hold an NVQ level 2 qualification and also possess excellent customer service skills gained within a leisure resort.
Scope of the Role:
You will have previous experience within a team leader role within a leisure setting.
To be responsible for ensuring that the Belfry Club is presented according to the defined standards and that all members, day spa guests and hotel residents can enjoy their experience in a safe leisure environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To work with the Leisure Manager to develop, improve and maintain procedures in the club, to ensure the smooth running of the club on a day to day basis.
- To ensure all open/close procedures conform to the standard procedures.
- To ensure that all the studio / fitness equipment, furniture and fittings are well maintained and in an operational clean tidy condition at all times
- Liaise with suppliers and service contractors to ensure that all studio equipment is working to standard.
- To undertake induction’s, fitness testing and programmes to members & guests.
- To maintain a visual presence within the gym & poolside and deal with any member/guest/resident queries
- To support the other team leaders in their absence to ensure that all aspects of the leisure facility is working to standard
- To manage the day-to-day maintenance for the studio timetable and report any issues to the Leisure Manager on a regular basis. Minimising equipment downtime and ensuring preventative maintenance plans are in place.
- Ensure that any maintenance issues are reported correctly and monitor the repair.
- To ensure daily cleaning tasks are performed by the Leisure Operations Team according to the standard procedures.
- To ensure that the leisure operations team follow all procedures for laundering linen.
- To assist in the recruitment, induction, training, development and management of the Leisure Operations Team.
- To carry out special projects and provide support to the Head of Spa and Leisure as required.
- To identify opportunities to improve club sales and profitability
- To support all aspects of the Leisure team as required
- Perform departmental duty manager shifts as and when required
- To ensure all health and safety practices are being observed and work with the Head of Spa and Leisure to ensure that we are adhering to relevant policies and legislation.
- To carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time ensuring that the leisure operation is properly maintained to provide total guest satisfaction
- Experience in a Leisure Club environment
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 Qualification or equivalent
- Ideally working toward a personal trainer qualification
What’s in it for me?
- Free Meals On Duty
- Free Uniform
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive we must inform you that if you have not heard from The Belfry Hotel & Resort within 10 working days your application has not been successful
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"