Team Leader - Learning Disabilities
Are you looking to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
We are looking for people who share our values and ethos of supporting people with learning disabilities, autism and complex needs to live a fulfilling life in the way they choose. Through person-centred planning, our aim across all our residential and supported living services is to ensure every individual we support achieves their full potential and has opportunities, choices and success which are meaningful to them.
Position: Team Leader (Senior Support Worker) - £500 Welcome Bonus
Salary (£): £10.20 - £10.55 per hour
Location: Dorrington, Shropshire
About the Role:
- Supporting several male/female individuals living here at the residential service
- To work individually and as part of a team, supporting the Team Coordinator and Service Manager to ensure the smooth running of the service and to ensure that individuals we support are provided with a safe, caring and stable environment.
- Support individuals in reaching their full potential by empowering them to fulfil their personal, social, educational & emotional needs, by providing a high standard of personalised care and support, while respecting the dignity, independence and individuality of each person. Individuals are encouraged to enjoy leisure and social activities at the home such as art and music therapy
- Planning rota’s and liaising with the service manager to create care plans for individuals
- Taking individuals out to nearby Hounslow and its many shopping and leisure amenities such as bowling alleys, cinemas, cafes and swimming pools.
- Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing
- Refer a Friend Scheme – Receiving up to £300 per referral
- Career progression towards a TEAM COORDINATOR earning up to £12.00 per hour
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- FREE training and induction including the care certificate
- Support towards completing your NVQ’s – Level 3, 4 and 5
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas
- ?Life Assurance benefit of twice basic annual salary
About You/Skills & Experience Required:
- To join us, you’ll need to have plenty of experience working with those with learning disabilities or complex behaviours
- An NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care is desirable, as is a good knowledge of relevant H&S regulations
- You’ll certainly have strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident, flexible and efficient, you’re happy to work on a shift basis, and, where required, to be on call
- Above all, you’ll be committed to providing person-centred care that gives real equality of opportunity to all those you’re working for
Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support:
- Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism
- Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive
About Consensus Support Services:
Consensus was established in 2005 to support individuals with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs including Prader-Willi Syndrome. Our commitment to delivering the highest standards of support is nationally recognised and validated by the many awards we receive, and the consistently high ratings we receive from national regulators What’s more, our colleagues are among the best and most dedicated in the sector: trusted by individuals, families, local authorities and commissioners alike to deliver the best in personalised support in bespoke settings.
If you have previously worked within Care or have a background as a Support Worker, Care Worker, Healthcare Assistant, HCA, Care Assistant or Care Giver, we can’t wait to hear from you. Full induction and ongoing training provided.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'