Team Leader Learning Disabilities
My name is Kevin, I am a twenty-five year old young man with Austim and severe Learing Disabilities. I have a small team of staff who are committed to enabling me to have the life I want.
I am a very cheeky chap who is great fun to be with and I have a wicked sense of humour. If you like to have fun and have lots of energy this is the job for you!
Although I am non verbal, I have great communication skills, however sometimes I can become anxious when things are not quite right. I need people in my life who are confident and can support me which I find things difficult. I need someone who is willing to dedicate their time to getting to know and understand me. You will need to have a strong personality to be able to reassure me when my anxieties heighten. Above all, you need to be ready to have fun, play and plan activities to make sure it is a happy household.
What we need from you is:
- A passion to give Kevin the life he wants, continuously looking for opportunities to build his experience and independence .
- Dedication to supporting the team to work in a consistent way and to be their best.
- An eye for quality, ensuring all support protocols and risk management plans are current and relevant.
- The ability to co-ordinate . To manage the team's rota with direct support from the service manager. To plan what Kevin does throughout the day and across the week. To ensure that the resources for Kevin and the team require are available to them.
- Support effective performance management of the team - through undertaking supervisions for other team members and supporting monthly audits and weekly quality checks to be completed.
Your success in this role will be providing Kevin in having the life he wants.
You will be expected to work on rota as part of the team with 7 hours per week off rota to undertake administrative duties.
We want to support your development too. You will receive a 5 day induction covering Positive Behaviour Support, Active Support and Person Centred Approaches . We will also teach you how to safely respond to challenging behaviours. You will be able to access Level 3 Training and any other training identified as relevant to meeting both your needs and the needs of the service user you support.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion regarding this role please contact us.
PBS4 values the importance of diversity. If you require any support with your application or interview please contact us.
We support vulnerable adults, therefore an Enhanced DBS disclosure is required in addition to other pre-employment checks before your employment can start.
PBS4 is a Company Limited by Guarantee, Company No 9286873