Caxton House is located in Gateshead close to the town center and has good transport links to Newcastle and Durham. Within the local area, there are a diverse range of activities on offer including community centers, offering youth clubs, drops in centers, sexual health clinics and LGBT groups.
The vision at Caxton House is to create a place that children and young people can call home, be happy and feel normal from their own perspective whilst receiving the opportunities and being encouraged to take these opportunities to develop to their full potential in all areas.
Must be over 21 or over
Driving licence desirable
Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification
12 months experience working in a residential setting
No day is the same but you will:-
- Provide support and care to each individual
- Provide encouragement when getting ready for education
- Travel with the residents (Use of Company Car)
- Complete care planning
- Complete Task Sheets
- Complete Meal Preparation
- Organise and facilitate social activities
- Maintain the home (cleaning, laundry and shopping etc.)
- Maintain home management
- Liaise with external stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
Team Leader = £9.60 p/h
Shift pattern – Typical 2-week Rota
Monday – 9.00 am – 9.30a.m. (includes sleep)
Tuesday – Day Off
Wednesday – Day Off
Thursday – 9.00 am – 9.30 am (includes sleep)
Friday – Day Off
Saturday – Day Off
Sunday – 9.00 am – 9.30 am (includes sleep)
Monday – Day off
Tuesday – Day off
Wednesday -9.00 am – 9.30 am (includes sleep)
Thursday – Day Off
Friday –9.00 am – 9.30 am (includes sleep)
Saturday – Day Off
Sunday – 10.00 – 10.00 – Long day
- This is an example of a 2-week Rota and will not be the actual Rota given to yourself. All staff have different Rota’s.
- You will be given your rota weeks in advance according to the service as the young people may have medicals or school meetings to attend.
You will need the following skills/qualifications:
- A passion for working with children
- Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Experience working in a residential setting for 12 months
- Passionate about care and support
- Excellent communication skills and a good team player
- Strong determination to succeed
- Effective leadership and Management
- A willingness to learn
5.6 weeks Annual Leave
Overtime (when available)
Employee discount scheme Free parking
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance program
Career progression and CPD Monthly Supervision
Internal/external training on new initiatives
Requirements for DBS and reference checking will be undertaken in line with government regulations and safer recruitment best practice.
Whilst we endeavor to keep, the recruitment process as short as possible due to the nature of these important checks it may extend the processing time.
Who are we?
We are the Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too.
Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK. We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.