We offer Great rates of pay. Our Team Leader role will offer you a salary from £16,440 - £17,092 (based on full time hours).
The Team Leader role
We are Consensus, an innovative award-winning independent provider of support services for people with learning disabilities and additional health and social care needs.
We believe everybody can achieve their aspirations and do amazing things. Our role is to provide person-centred support – support that starts each person we support on the road to greater independence, empowering them to reach their full potential.
You’ll help ensure the smooth running of the service, making sure that the learning disabilities of the people you support are never an obstacle to them developing a varied and fulfilling life style. Like us, you believe in a person-centred approach, that allows the people we support to make their own choices about the support they need and the direction their future will take.
Reporting to the Service Manager, and working as part of a key-working team, you’ll encourage the people we support to develop new daily living skills, make new friends, get involved in their community, find a job, or continue their studies. In short, you’ll provide a high standard of personalised care and support, while respecting the dignity, independence and individuality of each person.
But why choose us?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
· Great rates of pay– We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
· One place of work – We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
· Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
· Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
· Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
· Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
· Childcare vouchers
· Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
· Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopaedia of health information
The skills you’ll need
To join us, you’ll need strong experience within a Learning Disability service, ideally in a supervisory or managerial role. You’ll certainly be a strong leader, manager and coach; someone who is organised, resilient and flexible. You also have an NVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care, and are available to work in shift patterns. Of course, you’ll have a really person-centred approach, and excellent communication skills, that allow you to excel at everything from developing a rapport with the people we support, to writing coherent care plans.
It is essential that you will share our values. Choice & Respect; Ambition & Imagination; Reliability & Professionalism; Honesty & Integrity; Responsibility & Accountability; Inclusive & Supportive
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job