Working within the flight claims department managing a team processing a high volume of claims seeking compensation from airlines for passengers whose flights are cancelled, delayed, or where clients are denied boarding.
Good communication and people skills, and working as part of a team are essential. You will need to be computer literate and able to work within "Proclaim" the case management system from Eclipse, used to run all cases. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
An ability to manage, motivate and supervise a team is essential. A team leader will have experience in running a case load of litigation cases including dealing with advocacy. A thorough understanding of EC Regulation 261/2004 is required, although training will be given.
The role will include:-
- Managing a team of claims assistants working together on all stages from the letter of claim through to final hearing
- Reviewing researched claims and monitoring on chances of success and whether claims should continue
- Advocacy at all court hearings
- Preparing skeleton arguments and written submissions for court hearings and reviewing and monitoring the same when produced by other members of the team
- Liaising with and advising clients
- Updating spread sheets and producing reports for both the firm and referrers
A Law degree from a recognised English University of 2:2 or above and at least 2 year’s experience of running a litigation case load.