My client, a global technology business based in the heart of London, is seeking an accomplished Team Leader/Manager of Financial Analysis to join them on an interim basis for 11 months.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
- Leading a team of four Financial Analysts, looking after the group's business units and ensuring costs are captured and reported accurately.
- Lead the month end close process (closing on Working Day 5) through the means of ownership of all OPEX costs management for the group, monthly variance analysis as well as being the primary point of contact for any finance OPEX related query.
- Taking ownership of the SAP cost / profit centre dimensions and OPEX GL's
- Produce the Monthly Consolidated P&L variance analysis against budgets and actual prior month
- Oversee the production of monthly business unit profit centre commentary
- Ensure timely recording of monthly accruals and costs by the team, in relation to open purchase orders, prepayments, cost reallocations and manual journal entries to ensure the accuracy of the income statement at month end close;
- Regular contact and meetings with business unit finance managers
- Regular review and investigation into all open purchase orders to determine the validity and closure, in conjunction with the procurement department
- Finance partnering with the Procurement Department and drive the finance agenda for best practise Procure to Pay cycle for the business, identify financial reporting weaknesses in the process and work with the Procurement Department to address these
- Finance partnering with end business users to train on new process for purchase requisitions being raised, that these have the correct coding, correct class (i.e. contract related or not), accurate service delivery dates, correct legal entity and containing enough information in respect details that are used by finance for various reasons;
- Provide ad hoc service and assistance, reports, commentary or analysis when required to the business and the BU Finance teams;
- Participate actively in the IFRS 16 Leases transition project for the group for year 2018
- Lead and participate in the projects going on within the team.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of an ERP system (preferable SAP)
- Analytical skills / Variance Analysis and capability to identify accounting errors
- Thorough understanding of Procure to Pay cycle and transactional steps around this process
- Solid excel knowledge
- Attention to details
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing a team (at least 2 members)
- Qualified (ACCA / CIMA or other) with minimum 3 years PQE experience
- Be prepared to work longer hours for the 5-6 days around month end
APPLY TODAY FOR THIS GREAT ROLE
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job