To assist the manager and/or the Deputy Manager in achieving the aims and objectives of the Statement of Purpose and uphold the organisations missions statement and values. To support and manage the staff team to enable them to meet the needs of the children and young people. To undertake direct work with children and young people as appropriate. To ensure each shift is planned and resources allocated. To work in partnership with other professionals to achieve optimum outcomes for young people. To offer supervision and support to staff in line with National Minimum Standards and as directed by the Registered Manager and/or the Deputy Manager.
All young people are equally entitled to have their needs met in a fair and balanced way. Team Leaders are responsible for promoting equal opportunities for all and for challenging any behaviour or practice which discriminates against any young person or colleague on the grounds of race, religion, disability, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other perceived difference.
Duties & Responsibilities
To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s care plan and their responsibilities for its implementation
- Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people
- Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model
- Maintaining accurate written records in logs, continuation sheets and files both to record information and enable regular monitoring and evaluation to take place
- Chairing children’s meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally
- Acting as an appropriate adult at PACE interviews
To manage a staff team through:
- Providing supervisory control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities
- Taking responsibility for planning shifts and ensuring their smooth running when on duty
- Providing consultation and informal advice and support to staff in relation to day to day matters
- Offering 1:1 supervision to staff in line with National Minimum Standards
To come on board as a team leader, you must have an NVQ Level 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce, or relevant equivalent. All applicants must be over 21. Due to the location of the role, all applicants must have a valid UK driver's license.
Salary - £9.80 per hour (dependent upon experience and qualifications) plus £20 per sleep in.
Everyone has a personal best. Find yours now!