Our Client is the world's largest producer of bricks and No.1 on the clay roof tiles market in Europe with 204 plants in 30 countries , they been manufacturing quality clay building products since 1819 when they opened their first factory in Vienna, Austria. Their presence in the UK is currently larger than at any point in their 200 year history, employing c 1200 people across Head Office, 4 showrooms, 13 manufacturing sites and 6 distribution centers throughout the UK. They manufacture in excess of 400 products including bricks, blocks, roof tiles and pavers for the home building and renovation markets.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Team Leader to be based within the electrical team at the Goxhill site.
This position is for a maintenance trained Team Leader to Supervise and co-ordinate all the electrical activities within the team. The role will involve proactive maintenance and repair of the concrete tile making machinery along with responsibility for the factory to produce the required products safely and to the correct quality standards. Health & Safety is paramount and a good sound knowledge of H&S and risk assessing is a must, along with an eye for quality. You must be flexible in approach and have a strong desire to learn and progress as there may be calls for them to work within other areas/factories depending on the business requirements
- Install and or maintain all electrical & electro-mechanical plant or machinery in line with Company requirements.
- Operate a preventative electrical maintenance system to ensure that the plant & machinery are in good working order.
- Fault find and repair any electrical or electro-mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment.
- Program Siemens & other PLC equipment.
- Use various types of testing equipment in order to locate and remedy faults in the shortest possible time.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good working and clean condition.
- Maintain and monitor the machines and equipment to enable them to achieve their budgeted outputs at the required quality levels.
- Complete all relevant paperwork associated with the task you are performing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with colleagues
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve efficiency.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and fault finding experience of PLC’s
- IEE Regulations
- Strong demonstrable problem solving skills
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Performing Manufacturing Operations
- IOSH Managing Safely
- PAT Testing
If you feel this role fits your skills set and experience please apply today.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Thank you for your application.
- Electrical Engineering
- Management Skills
- PLC Programming