***Now paying £10 per hour for Night Shifts Only - No Current Day Vacancies***
We are look for a colleague to professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring that a safe, effective and efficient care service is maintained which meets the needs of residents and purchasers.Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
- Liaise with GPs and other health professionals to ensure that residents receive the medical and clinical support they require.
- Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
- Ensure that areas of identified risk are appropriately monitored and outcomes recorded and acted upon e.g. fluid and nutrition charts, turning regimes, blood glucose monitoring.
- Ensure that residents are encouraged and supported to remain as independent and active as possible. Promote the philosophy of activity based care.
- Be aware of company policies and procedures and ensure requirements are incorporated into practice.
- Ensure effective and clearly documented handover systems are maintained to facilitate the effective transfer of information between staff and shifts.
- Attend and participate in Team Leader and staff meetings as arranged by the Home Manager/Deputy Manager/Clinical Lead.
- Understand the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (2008) in relation to consent and best interest decision making.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job