Site Crew Leader Job Role
A new opportunity has opened up for the right person to join our PapaKåta Scotland branch as a Site Crew Leader this Spring.
The role is permanent, exciting and fast-moving. It requires commitment and hard work, but is incredibly rewarding and a lot of fun.
As Site Crew Leader, you would:
- Lead the safe build & dismantle of PapaKåta Teepees & Sperry Tents for a wide variety of events, to a detailed schedule & plan. This will involve some hard labouring on site as well as recruiting, leading, motivating and managing a crew that can change each day.
- Be responsible for the delivery of each event, meeting customer expectations and PapaKåta’s high standards.
- Communicate and liaise with the office team, clients and 3rd party suppliers.
- Plan and resource the delivery of some of the events in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assist in the administration of the branch and ad-hoc tasks that are inevitably thrown up by working in events!
Hours of Work
You will be required to work in a team of like-minded individuals, locally and further afield (but mostly within Scotland), with occasional overnight stays.
Mentally and physically the work is challenging and will stretch your leadership skills, as event deadlines don’t move. There can be some long days, early starts and late finishes. Some weekend work will also be required.
This is a permanent, full-time role, with our work peaking between May and September.
Place of Work
You must be able to get to and from the PapaKåta Scotland Warehouse in Perth.
Experience of building tents is desirable but not necessary as full training can be given, but we do require the following:
- A level of fitness that allows you to carry out physically-demanding work in the outdoors
- Previous leadership experience
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- A can-do approach and ability to solve problems under pressure
A valid B or B+E driving license and computer literacy is also desirable.
Many of our crew come from roles in other industries such as warehouse pickers, the forces, landscapers, marquee erectors, etc, all of which have highly transferable skills for our work.
The salary for this role will be between £17k and £21k incl bonus, depending on skills and experience.
If you are interested in this role and meet all the requirements above, please reply with a CV *AND COVERING LETTER.
If you have any further queries, please reply to this ad with your queries.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Communication Skills
- Team Leader
- Time Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job