Team Lead Outpatient Occupational Therapist/Hand Therapist
Band 7 37.5hrs -flexible working opportunities available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 7 Team Lead Occupational Therapist to join our small but busy Specialist Outpatient and Hand Therapy Team in this acute hospital Trust.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Occupational Therapist who is a dynamic and forward thinking practitioner, with a high level of communication skills and the drive to evaluate and develop the service alongside the Trust’s strategic plan.
We treat a range of conditions, including musculoskeletal trauma, work related and elective cases, plastic hand surgery, rheumatology and chronic pain conditions and are looking to develop the service post-covid into the new ways of working and new service areas.
The role will enable the successful candidate to further their skill as a supervisor to members of the outpatient team and as practice educator to pre-reg students and OT apprentices.
We aim to provide a progressive, forward thinking approach to patient care whilst being able to support staff in personal development and continued education and training.
- We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, with peer support, clinical supervision and regular in-service training
- There is access to informal and formal training and CPD opportunities, where learning and sharing is strongly encouraged.
- We have a dedicated, innovative Band 7 Practice Development OT to support staff in their clinical development.
- We have actively participated in ongoing service development, and participation in Trust-wide projects and audits, and cross-discipline working is highly valued.
- Our recent Trust-wide Staff Survey demonstrated higher than the national average scores with excellent staff engagement across the Therapies Directorate and excellent scores overall
- We offer Practice Placements for Pre- Reg OT students from Canterbury Christchurch University and are excited to have 3 staff on the new OT apprentice 4 year degree course
- Leadership is provided by the Professional Lead Occupational Therapist and an experienced award-winning team of Senior OT Team Leads
Essential experience required:
- Post-graduate clinical experience working as a Band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapist in the Out Patient and Hand Therapy Setting
- Evidence of being able to teach, lead, mentor and develop staff and students
- Splinting for the hand and wrist
- Evidence of participation in In-service training and Personal CPD
- HCPC registration and RCOT/BAOT membership
- BAHT membership
Closing date for applications: 28/09/2020
Proposed Interview date: 09/10/2020
Previous applicants need not apply
Mrs Jo Poulton email .
Our staff are our most valuable asset.
We currently have a workforce of approximately 3000 staff across a wide range of professional and specialist groups
We have Investors in People ‘silver ‘ status, which we have held for a decade and have been rated as ‘Good’ by the CQC – the only acute hospital in Kent to achieve this..
We support and develop our staff through the facilitation of key learning events to enhance their continuing professional development and ensure they are up to date in their clinical knowledge.
We fully support flexible working, embrace equality and diversity in all areas of our working practice and have a health at work programme.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'