Team Lead Engineer
As a Team Lead, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of over 100 Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we use a number of open source technologies, ensuring that we keep our tech stack cutting edge. Your role as a Team Lead will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms. An understanding of software performance is also essential and the Team Lead role specifically requires the ability to handle competing demands, triage incoming work, and interface with other teams. Team leads split their time between managing the team and hands-on developing. A successful team lead is a great communicator, a coach and mentor, and an excellent developer.
Your role as a lead:
- Lead and manage a small group of engineers, coaching and listening to their needs.
- Triage, estimate, and prioritise incoming demands.
- Own the functional area under the team’s domain, from development to production.
- Be the final arbiter of quality for a team, maintaining team standards and conventions.
- Build release documentation and handover notes.
- Interface with our operations and support teams.
Your role as a developer:
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Working in an agile development process.
- Continuously improve our codebase, our product, and our processes.
- 5+ years’ professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#).
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex, high performance, problems.
- Experience with git (or similar VCS).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Experience managing small teams of engineers
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology.
We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
- Experience with git (or similar VCS)
- Linux / Unix experience
- Experience of non-blocking IO (event loops)
"Office Assistant jobs in London"