The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) a not-for-profit organisation responsible for the inspection of schools in membership of the Associations that make up the Independent Schools Council. We provide objective inspections to safeguard the quality and effectiveness of the education, care and welfare of children in schools.
Based in Barbican, the organisation has approx. 35 employees, and contracts a pool of over 1000 carefully selected and trained inspectors to provide its services across the UK.Main purpose of the role:
- The provision of a comprehensive administrative service to members of the leadership team as directed
- Provide absence cover for the PA/Office Manager and Receptionist
- Filter phone calls in a professional manner, transferring to the correct person first time.
- Recording electronically concise and accurate messages that are passed on immediately.
- Manage travel arrangements for members of the leadership team including submitting identified expense claims to Finance.
- Cover for PA/Office Manager and Receptionist during periods of absence.
- Provide ad hoc administrative to the PA/Office Manager.
- Monitor compliance deadlines, providing timely reminders where necessary.
- Prepare documentation to the ISI specified standard especially those for external publication
- Arrange appointments and meetings including the production of an agenda, minutes, presentations or reports.
- Administer internal and external communications and newsletters.
- Support research projects as directed by the line manager e.g. gathering data etc.
- Set-up and maintain accurate and easily accessible manual and electronic filing systems.
- Good general education ideally to GCSE level
- Demonstrated first class customer service
- IT skills - Advanced Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- 2 - 4 years’ experience of working in an office environment ideally as an administrator
- RSA typing ability ideally with shorthand
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide a full and complete CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, your current role and salary.