An Ofsted rated 'outstanding' Special Needs School based in Hillingdon are looking for teaching assistants to work full-time supporting children with autism, learning difficulties and challenging behaviours. The school would be looking for teaching assistants to start immediately with high likelihood of permanent placements.
The school caters for primary, secondary and Post-16 aged pupils diagnosed with autism, severe learning difficulties, social and emotional difficulties and physical disabilities. All classes within the school are mixed but tailored to each pupil's abilities and subject levels.
- In house training on SEN specific resources such as PECS, TEACCH and Makaton from SEN specialists
- Working in an Ofsted rated outstanding SEN school with a strong and highly specialised team
- Secure long term roles with permanent placements at end of the academic year dependant on feedback
- Must be able to travel to Hillingdon area (West London)
- Must be able to work full-time, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - to 4:00pm during school term time
- Must have experience or interest in supporting children with autism across spectrum, learning difficulties and challenging behaviours
- Knowledge of autism specific visual aids such as PECS, TEACCH, symbols and sensory resources is highly beneficial in securing role but not essential
- Being open to supporting pupils with personal care/nappy changing when required
We would require two references and a valid child workforce DBS registered onto the update service which is vital in order to secure this role
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job