Monarch Education are now working with the White Horse Federation, a partnership that sets to support and develop then to a standard we 'can be proud to send our children to'. Monarch Education play a crucial role in these developments by ensuring these schools are recruiting the right staff to accommodate for both day to day 'supply' and longer, even permanent positions.
We are looking for teaching assistants to work in one of the Gloucester schools we support. Energetic, sporty teaching assistants are encouraged to apply, as they have previously gotten on well in this school.
*A co-educational academy that can admit pupils between the ages of 11 - 16
*A special school where all the pupils have an ECHP and have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMHD)
*The pupils may have more than SEMHD, and there can be additional needs
*Secondary setting, with pupils from 11 - 16.
* Supporting pupils who have had previous negative experiences
* Has a large focus on pastoral care
* Working alongside a classroom teacher and other teaching assistants depending on the class needs.
* Supporting pupils with complex, special needs and potentially challenging behaviours and following work plans provided
* Supervising, recording and modelling safe behaviour within the class, around the school and when on out of school activities.
* There will be opportunities to assist in the development, reviewing and monitoring of pupils learning plans.
* Must have previous education experience
* Will have strong communication and empathy skills
* Needs to build rapport with pupils, parents and carers from a variety of backgrounds.
* Must be flexible, adaptable and positive
* Calm and collected
* Happy to work with young people on a 1:1 and group basis
* Experience of Positive Behaviour Management (Team Teach, MAPA, Studio III)
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
*Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa).
*Hold QTS in the UK.
*Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks.
If you think this is the next step in your career, then pleased send your CV to Claire Cooper at or alternatively call . We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and enhanced DBS check.
- teaching assistant
- learning support assistant
- sports coach
- key stage four
- key stage three
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job