Spark of Genius is currently looking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work within our School in Glengarnock/Beith. We have opportunities within both the Primary and Secondary School.
You will be working on a full time, fixed term basis (working 40 hours per week inclusive of paid lunch during term time only) until June 2020 with a view to extend. In return, you will receive a competitive term time salary of £17,076 - £18,500 per annum depending on experience. As you will be off for 66 days of the year, there is also the opportunity to work in our Residential Services over school holidays for additional pay if you wish.
Spark of Genius Ltd operate schools throughout Scotland for young people who cannot sustain a mainstream educational placement. In addition, we have Residential Homes throughout Scotland. In both services our young people need a variety of supports.
The Teaching Assistant role:
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team offering comprehensive one to one support to young people with complex needs ensuring their physical, social and emotional, and development requirements are met.
You will help to create an environment where the young people feel secure and can achieve their potential.
Key responsibilities as our Teaching Assistant:
- To work in accordance with Spark of Genius Vision and Aims.
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding and emotional well-being of any young people that you may come into contact with, reporting any concerns to the teacher and designated child protection manager.
- To assist teachers in raising the standards of pupil attainment, through the provision of quality and relevant experiences and with regard to the curriculum, age range or additional needs.
- To assist the teachers in: the planning and preparation and collation of learning materials and resources; the creation of visual displays; differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils.
- Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher; Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher.
- To support and assist the pupils within the school, educational trips and out of school activities.
- To work with individual pupils or small groups of pupils.
- To adhere to the whole organisation policies on Safeguarding, Child Protection, Behaviour Management, Risk Management and Health & Safety at all times.
- To work in partnership with school and residential colleagues, parents and other adults within the helping team.
What we’re looking for in our Teaching Assistant:
- Educated to (or working towards) a relevant qualification in childcare and/or education.
- Previous experience of supporting pupils with complexneeds.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour, and managing difficult situations.
- Effective communication skills with colleagues, outside agencies, children and families.
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Reporting and recording to a high standard.
- An understanding of the needs of young people in care/education.
- An understanding the principles of Child Protection.
- To form professional and positive relationships with children and young people.
- To ask for guidance and support, and to remain open honest and accountable.
- Willingness to participate in all in house training as applicable to the post.
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role as our Teaching Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
As an organisation we unable to accept CV's as a means of application in line with Safer Recruitment guidelines. If you are interested in applying for this role, please complete all parts of the application form which can be found on our website. Thereafter, you can send this to the HR Department where this will be reviewed.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'