Teaching Personnel are working on behalf of a Pupil referral unit in Nottingham which caters for students with Special Educational needs including to support students in KS2-KS4 with ASC, HI, VI, PD, SEMH, SpLD, SLCN and MLD .The provision caters for pupils who are risk of exclusion or have been excluded from mainstream education. Students can be part time and also be working with alternate provisions on vocational subjects. We are looking for people with experience supporting students with challenging behaviour.
The ideal candidate would have;
- A sports or youth work background
- KS3-KS4 support experience
- Qualifications centred around mental health
- Any experience within prisons, pupil referral units or young offenders institution
- Experience working with children and young people either in education or health care settings.
- Confidence to work on your own initiative, as well as contributing to a team
- Experience working with children with SEN needs
- MAPA training (Desirable but NOT essential)
- ASC experience
- Team Teach qualification (Desirable NOT essential)
- Confidence with managing challenging behaviour and inspire students who are disaffected and not currently engaged in their education
- A passion for working with children
If this sounds like the role for you please contact Chloe Moffatt om or click apply now!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'