This is a role for Teaching Assistants to teach in Spain and live with a host family whilst undertaking a free TEFL course. Gain and develop your classroom experience whilst enjoying the culture of Spain.
What is CAPS?
CAPS (Conversation Assistant Programme for Schools) is a programme designed to place dynamic and creative native English speakers in Spanish schools as a Conversation Assistant (CA), in order to aid and improve teaching and student’s communication in English.
What will I be doing?
The main role of the CA is focused on increasing student exposure to English through motivating and encouraging conversation practice. The goal is that students improve and become more confident in their English skills by practicing with a native English speaker.
In your assigned Spanish school. The aim is that you aid in improving teaching and student communication in English for 25 classroom hours per week from Monday to Friday. Students could vary in age from infant to secondary depending on placement.
General tasks include: Assisting in whole class alongside main teacher or individually with groups of students, helping with questions related to pronunciation and forming sentence structures, assisting with the preparation of classes or help to prepare complementary material/activities, for example dialogues, quizzes, reading exercises, games, audio-visual activities, presentations, preparing displays, helping with the preparation of oral exams, and speaking practice with teachers (helping the teachers of the school improve their oral English skills) or "speaking + reinforcing language structure with teachers (explaining areas of grammar and other complexities of the English language).
Complete a Free TEFL course provided by an internationally recognised Spanish University
With your volunteer host family: Usually each assistant lives with three host families (one per term). The families are connected to your assigned school and volunteer because they are really interested in learning about you, your culture and also a big positive is that you are a native Speaker and can help them (especially the children) improve their English skills. Therefore it is important to bear in mind that this family will want to spend time with you during the week and at weekends. This relationship is something that makes this programme really special, and in return for your time you will be integrated as another member of the family and this is the best way to fully immerse yourself in a new country.
Where will I be living?
With a volunteer host family full-board and the majority of positions are located within the regions of Catalonia, the Valencian Community and also other areas of Spain.
- English to an idiomatic level with a good command of the language (the ability to speak Spanish is not required)
- Completed University Studies
- Experience of 6 months and above working with children
- No prior criminal convictions.
- Enthusiasm for working with children and encouraging them to speak in English.
- Flexible in location of school
- Free Certified (6 ECTS credits*) TEFL or Advanced TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) training course, provided by an internationally recognised Spanish University.
- 315€ monthly grant payment (Full-board accommodation with a volunteer host family)
- 465€ monthly (Full-board accommodation with a volunteer host family.)
- 915€ monthly (Living Independently)
- Registration into the Spanish Social Security System. This entitles CA´S once registered to have access to the Spanish Public Health Care System
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period
When can I Start?
The start date will be for immediate start applicants for the 2018-2019 academic year.
How do I apply?
Apply as indicated and we will send you an application form within 24 hours to your email address provided. If you complete our online application, if successful you will be contacted via email to arrange a Skype interview
- Communication and Collaboration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'