This Alternative Provision are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant who has previously worked within an behaviour unit. This dynamic and forward thinking PRU are looking for an equally dynamic Teaching Assistant to provide classroom support to Key Stage 3 & 4 students who have experienced challenges in the classroom. You will be working with small groups of students across the curriculum, providing additional support to the class teacher and dealing with low level disruption. You will be working closely with other Teaching Assistants to ensure that students are given consistent and effective support. Easily accessible from Dudley, Tipton, Oldbury, Halesowen, West Bromwich and Birmingham.
Ideally you will be:
- A TA or Learning Mentor used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - .
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job