Rotherwood Teachers are seeking Teaching Assistants for long term and short term bookings
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Support for pupils:
1. To develop a knowledge of a range of learning support needs and to develop an understanding of the specific needs of the pupils to be supported;
2. To supervise and provide particular support for pupils, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities;
3. Taking into account the learning support involved, to aid the pupils to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own by, for example:
· clarifying and explaining instructions;
· ensuring the child is able to use equipment and materials provided;
· assisting in weaker areas, e.g. language, behaviour, social skills, reading, spelling, handwriting/presentation;
· helping children to concentrate on and finish work set;
Working at our school offers the opportunity to work within a culture of professional learning and reflection
Provide details of at least two referees covering the last 5 years' work history
Possess a current criminal record check (Enhanced DBS certificate that is registered with the online update service) or be prepared to apply for one as part of your registration
Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
Be willing to complete a face to face registration and satisfy several checks
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail or would be a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Please contact Rotherwood Teachers NOW!