Pupil Referral Unit
The Education Network is working closely with an Ofsted “good” PRU in the search for a Teaching Assistant who can motivate young people. Working with Key Stage 3 & 4 students who have faced barriers to learning, you will be helping them to engage in lessons and continue their academic progression. You will be working as a Teaching Assistant in small groups and on a 1-2-1 basis with students, supporting the class teacher with behaviour management. You will be part of an energetic and forward thinking team who put their students’ needs at the heart of what they do. This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has experience working with challenging behaviour and is looking for a new challenge.
Ideally you will be:
- A TA or Learning Mentor used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - .
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy