Teaching Assistant required for primary school in Luton
Your new company
You will be working in a thriving mixed primary school with pupils ranging from 4 - 11 years. The School is situated close to Luton Town and walking distance to Luton's mainline train station. This is a large, dynamic and multicultural school with their pupils at the centre of everything they do.
Your new role
You will be:
- Providing support in the classroom to individuals/groups of pupils as directed by the class teacher/line manager (e.g.IEPs, care plans etc.)
- Implementing the school's behaviour and any related policies and procedures. Invigilate tests and examinations as directed.
- Providing support for learning in the in the classroom as directed by the class teacher & helping to maintain the order of the classroom e.g. putting up displays
- Under the direction of the Line Manager/Senco/Headteacher developing and maintaining supportive relationships with parents, carers and others of the pupil's community.
- Keeping records and providing feedback to teaching and other staff on pupils' behaviour and progress.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must have experience within working with children in the education environment previously.
- Ideally you will be level 2/3 qualified in Teaching and Learning (or equivalent)
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with the opportunity to join a great school, gaining experience within the education sector.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.