To support the teaching staff at our client's school in Arundel, West Sussex, we are looking to recruit a Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work with young people with SEMH difficulties and challenging behaviours.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will:
• Complement and support the teachers' delivery of the school curriculum and contribute to the development of students.
• Working collaboratively with teachers in managing classes and encouraging students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare and their emotional and behavioural development.
Responsibilities as Higher Level Teaching Assistant
• Provide support for teachers and students in order to raise standards of achievement for all.
• Safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
• Work with teachers to plan and prepare lessons and group or individual activities for students.
• Develop and prepare resources for lessons and other activities in line with IEP's and lesson plans.
• Contribute to the planning of opportunities for students to learn in out of school contacts such as educational visits in line with school policies and procedures.
• Support teachers and students in lessons to achieve learning objectives.
• Provide detailed feedback and evaluation on lessons and student participation, achievement and further learning needs.
• Follow the Homes and School Policies, Procedures and Practices.
• Motivate and engage students learning with interesting and structured learning activities.
• Be familiar with students learning and emotional needs through their IEPs objectives, PEPs and EHCPs.
• Use behaviour management strategies, in line with school policy and procedure, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment, ensuring all students are safe, engaged and interacting positively.
• Supervise students at school and on educational visits, ensuring safe environments and practices, both in lesson time and in transition and break-times.
• Recognise and challenge any incidents or racism, bullying, harassment or inappropriate behaviour and any form of abuse of equal opportunities ensuring compliance with school policy and procedures.
• Understand and implement school safeguarding procedures and comply with statutory responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with parent/carers, ensuring the sharing of relevant information and facilitating support for attendance, access to learning and supporting home/school links.
• Contribute to reports and attend meetings, supporting students and representing the school.
Please note, to be successful for the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant, the following criteria will need to be met:
Suitably experienced / qualified evidence of qualifications required
• There will be a formal interview at Head Office and a second interview if selected
• Satisfactory References will need to be provided
• You will have to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check & overseas check if required
Hours and Salary
In the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant you will work Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and the holiday entitlement is as per school holidays. There is a salary on offer of £14,500 to £19,500 per annum (plus excellent benefits), dependent on qualifications and TA level.
How to Apply
Please note that CV applications or calls from Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted.
Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart are the retained consultants for our client and may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Teaching assistant, children, education, residential, care, social work, teacher