Teaching Personnel have worked exclusively with a Muli Academy Trust in the South of Sheffield for the past 6 years. The Trust are looking to recruit Specialist Teaching Assistants and Learning Support Assistants to work across year groups, to start as soon as possible. The school is based in South Sheffield and has good transport links, so owning a car is not essential for this role.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who can positively contribute to raising achievement through improving pupil attendance and behaviour, working either 1:1 or with small groups. You will work alongside key school staff and class Teachers to reduce the level of unauthorised absence and improve levels of behaviour across year groups or the whole school. You will need to act as a role model and mentor to children who are finding the school environment a challenge, this will include delivering structured activities and learning programmes to support pupils in building relationships and will need to take into account pupil learning styles and positive behaviour management. As a 'behaviour buddy' you will need to challenge and motivate children in your care, to reinforce self-esteem and encourage them to take part in whole class activities in a positive manner. The ideal Teaching Assistant will have additional training to manage behaviour, such as Team Teach, however we can offer training in this area.
We would also welcome applicants for this Teaching Assistant role who have transferrable skills, such as ex forces, sports coaches and Youth Workers.
Our Ideal Teaching Assistant will have:
- Experience working with children with challenging behaviour/ASD/BESD
- Team Teach trained (or willing to undergo training)
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Additional training to support the role
In turn, Teaching Personnel can offer you;
- Up to £70 per day, depending on previous experience
- Ongoing development through our unrivalled CPD Academy
- A dedicated consultant who will work for you
- Support with interviews to find your ideal position
- Work in schools exclusive to Teaching Personnel
- Full and Part Time work to fit around your existing commitments
- Experience in a range of settings, including Integrated Resource Units
To apply for this role, please forward your full CV to Yasmin Sims in the Sheffield South Primary Team or call us on for more information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.