- Teaching Assistant
- Ofsted rated 'Good' school
- One to one position
- Year 4 TA
- Full time-Long term role
- Competitive rates of pay
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a 'Good' rated Primary Academy, who are look to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic teaching assistant to join their team on a long term, one to one basis.
About the School
This Academy fosters high aspirations and ambitions for the children. The head teacher strives to create a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children are able to flourish a love of learning within a structured, broad balanced curriculum. The Primary department is very supportive, the senior members regularly hold training/CPD courses for all the staff as well as mentor sessions. The Academy is a proud member of a larger trust who all work closely together to challenge, support and encourage each other to meet standards of excellence and fulfil high expectations. Despite having one of the highest proportion of pupils of disadvantaged background in Haringey, 78% of the pupils achieved the combined RWM, one of the highest in the country and in the top 5% of schools with similar pupils. Progress was ranked in the top 20% nationally for Reading and top 10% for Maths and Writing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs (SEN), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum.
- The ability to manage a small group of children with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
The school can offer you:
- A supportive working environment in a newly refurbished building.
- Small class sizes and the opportunity to work 1-1 with children where possible.
- Support from an enthusiastic and dedicated team.
- Continued professional development.
- An opportunity to pursue a career in Teaching.
- Great staff benefits and a friendly nurturing environment.
If you are interested in this position please send Ruby at REESON EDUCATION an up to date CV for an immediate interview