Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a support member of staff to work in an alternative provision. You must have your own transport for this role as you will be required to travel between Mablethorpe, Baumber (in Horncastle) and Boston. The role heavily involves working with challenging behaviour and an up to date Team Teach qualification is a must. The role is full time and for the right candidate after a probation period a permanent contract will be offered.
We find candidates from a military or public service background get on well, including prison officers as there is an element of restraint required.
- Supporting pupils in crisis through de-escalation techniques and strategies, preparing and supporting them to return to learning
- Supporting staff and identified classrooms who require support with settling for learning
- Deliver small group or one-to-one intervention
- Support identified pupils who require additional adult support in class
- Keep accurate records of intervention on pupil intervention logs
- Keeping Personal Handling Plans (PHPs) up to date
- Keeping accurate records of Restrictive Positive Intervention logs and ensuring appropriate follow-up has taken place, including parent/carer contact and restorative practice
? Extra-curricular Activities
- Supporting identified pupils in attending off site visits
- Deliver extra-curricular activities within centre during break and lunchtimes
If you are interested in this role and would like more information please contact Ashleigh on the details below as soon as possible.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.