Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant with proven experience working with children with Autism? Able to differentiate between different learning styles to support the Teacher?
With a passionate and caring team of staff to encourage you, we are hoping to appoint a Teaching Assistant in a school in Leeds to provide pivotal support to a small group of pupils who require extra support with basic learning, as well as assist and help the Teacher with the general running of the classroom and support of the other pupils where possible.
The role will consist of the following duties:
- Provide a professional, approachable and helpful assistance to the teacher
- Help with preparation and planning of activities and lessons
- Guide the children with different learning styles to ensure each individual is getting full benefit from the lesson
- Ensure a safe place of work for the child, taking into consideration the safety of other children also
- Reporting of any issues, in line with the school policies and procedures
- Communicating effectively with the pupil, staff and parents where necessary
- Be a point of contact for the pupil
- A supportive team, and experienced consultant to help throughout the period of work
- An engaging and enjoyable group of children to work with
- A rewarding role that will enhance skill set
- Competitive rate of pay
- Holidays as per the school
To be successful for this role, you will need to be:
- Experienced in a similar role, autism specialism is essential
- Studying, or hold a qualification, in child care
- Have a genuine passion to work with children
- Approachable and calm manner
- An understanding of the safeguarding for children
If you think you have the suitable skills, qualification and / or experience to be the perfect fit for this role, please apply now and a member of Randstad will be in touch shortly!
If this role is not right for you, however you would like to apply for similar roles in Education, please visit our website at www.randstadeducation.co.uk and browse our live jobs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job