Teaching Assistant, Secondary Schools, West Cumbria £9.77 - £10 an hour
We are looking for a qualified Teaching Assistant who is interested in working on supply in Secondary Schools in West Cumbria. The role of a TA in these settings is to enhance the learning of students who have a wide range of learning needs, with a particular focus on social, emotional and mental health issues. As a TA you will support the teaching staff in enabling the students to gain independence, participate fully in the curriculum and the general life of the school. Working under the instruction and guidance of the school SENCO you will provide identified support and core needs for students with a wide range of learning & physical difficulties.
- Support for students with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual educational / behavioural plans
- Establish constructive relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs
- Encourage students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- To set high expectations for participation, learning and behaviour in and out of the classroom
- Provide feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher
- Participate with students in 1:1, in groups or classroom situations
- To assist with personal are needs of students with physical difficulties
- To accompany students on organised school visits as appropriate
- Under the guidance of specialists, participate in the development, delivery and monitoring of individual programmes
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
- Prepare, maintain and use equipment and resources required to meet the lesson plans and relevant learning activity and assist students in their use
Is this position for you?
The successful candidate will have relevant experience and will have worked in a secondary or FE setting and hold an appropriate TA level 3 qualification. Candidates should hold appropriate academic qualifications to at least GCSE standard and have Maths and English grades as grade C or above. A sucessful TA will have good inter-personal skills, be able to operate as a member of a busy team and be able to seek and accept guidance and support as required and as offered. Candidates will be required to deal with students with behavioural difficulties so previous experience of students with behavioural difficulties in a similar environment will be an advantage. Relevant knowledge of child development and an understanding of the different ways children learn to read will be an advantage. Candidates should also have good oral and written communication skills as well as good ICT skills.
Who are System People Education?
System People Education are the fastest growing Teaching Agency in Cumbria with an already impressive portfolio of schools in the County.
Teaching Assistants on supply, how does it all work?
We help hundreds of Teaching Assistants in Cumbria find suitable work in many schools which includes day to day and long-term opportunities. Teaching Assistant recruitment at System People is our fastest growing department and we are always looking for new candidates to join our register to meet the ever-growing need for high quality TA cover.
Why would you choose to register with System People?
- We pay excellent rates of pay and adhere to AWR
- Your details will reach the right people at the right schools
- You can register remotely via ZOOM interview
- We would love you to join our register!
System People are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and as a result all new candidates will be subject to a full registration, DBS check and thorough reference checks.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'