We are looking for 2 qualified Teaching Assistants for a Special School in Whitehaven starting in January 2019. The role is long term until the end of the academic year paying £9.50 per hour.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants for two vacancies who have experience of working with children with SEN and/or emotional and behavioural difficulties. This school provides education for children across the age ranges between 3 years to 18 years. We therefore have opportunities from EYFS to Post 16 depending on your experience.
What will this position involve doing day to day?
This position will involve working in various classes to support the usual class Teacher to support a wide range of children with a wide range of severe learning, physical or behavioural difficulties. Work in this setting would typically involve:
- Supporting schoolwork and preparing learning resources under the supervision of the teacher.
- Encouraging children's confidence, self esteem and independence.
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating.
- Putting into practice individual education, social, behavioural and personal care programmes.
- Encouraging children to communicate with one another and with staff.
- Providing feedback and assistance to teachers.
- Supporting children in social activities and on outings.
- Assisting children during therapy sessions.
- Recognising signs of distress in children and offering reassurance.
- Attending to pupils' physical needs.
- Completing records.
What personal qualities and skills does this role require?
You will need an interest in education and in working with SEN children along with good communication and 'people' skills. Due to the nature of the environment you will need to have tact and sensitivity and also be willing to provide personal care needs such as toileting and changing for learners from 3 to 18 years olds depending upon which class you are supporting.
You will need to have a mature approach to your work and a responsible attitude along with much patience and a sense of humour at times! You will need to be a patient person who has compassion and empathy and also a drive to see others flourish and succeed as they learn.
Who are System People Education?
System People Education are the fastest growing Teaching Agency in Cumbria with an already impressive portfolio of schools in the County. We were the first teaching agency with offices here in Cumbria offering a truly dedicated approach to Cumbria Teaching Supply. We have grown organically, mainly from kind referrals from local teachers and TA's who have found work through us in local schools.
Why would you choose to register with System People?
- WE pay excellent rates of pay and treat you fairly
- Your consultant will create you a personalised job search plan, which will be put into action within 24 hours of registration
- Your CV will be re-branded and will include an interview summary to promote your skills and experience in the right way.
- Your details will reach the right people at the right schools and continue to do so while you are still actively looking.
- You can meet us at various interview locations across Cumbria to suit you
- You can also register for Permanent Opportunities in Cumbria
- We would love you to join our register!
System People are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and as a result all new candidates will be subject to a full registration, DBS check and thorough reference checks.
- Learning Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'