Teaching Assistant required in Hampton EYFS/ Primary SEN School
Are you looking for a SEN Teaching Assistant position in West London?
Are you available for full time work?
Can you commit to travelling to Hampton for work each day?
I have a primary school for children with special needs in the Hampton area, who have opportunities for a Teaching Assistant looking for full time work. The school caters for a mixture of complex needs and mild to severe autism, with classes holding up to 10 students, a teacher and up to 3 other Teaching Assistants.
I am looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Is able to support ASC, including some with challenging behaviour
- Can provide personal care where necessary, for students with PMLD
- Has experience of supporting children with SEN either in primary or secondary
- Is willing to assist pupils in the hydrotherapy swimming pool, as and when requested to do so
- Can provide excellent references from previous employment
- Has a DBS on the update service, or is willing to complete a new application asap
- Is able to travel to this school in Peckham, for an 09:00am start and 16:00pm finish
- Holds a relevant qualification related to working with children (degree or level 3 is desirable but not essential)
- Has completed relevant training (Autism Awareness, Moving and Handling, PECS, Makaton, BSL are all desirable but not essential)
Teaching Personnel has been operating in the UK for over 20 years and we are committed to improving the quality of our staff. We can offer training courses that are either free or at a reduced cost, and a dedicated consultant will liaise with you regularly to ensure you are happy in your position.
Further opportunities are always available, including the possibility of securing a permanent position with this school if you perform well.
If you would like to work as a SEN Teaching Assistant at this school in the Hampton area, get in touch to register with Teaching Personnel by contacting Shobana in the London Bridge office using the contact details provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualification and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. For Support staff our minimum requirement is GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.